Project Standard 2013 (Includes 1 CAL and Software Assurance) (English)
- 1-GHz (or higher) processor, 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit, with SSE2 instruction set
- 1 GB or more RAM (32-bit); 2 GB or more RAM (64-bit)
- 2 GB available hard-disk space
- 1,024 x 576-pixel (or higher) display
- For graphics hardware acceleration — DirectX10 graphics card
- For touch features — touch-enabled Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC
- Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Server 2012; Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit); Windows 8 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Internet Explorer 8 or later; Firefox 10 or later; Chrome 17 or later
For some features or advanced functionality, see the full list of system requirements.
Project 2013 is project management software. It enables managers to stay
informed and control project work, schedules, and finances. This
version of Project cannot be connected to Project Server 2013 and
integrated into the Microsoft Enterprise Project Management (EPM)
solution. Organizations that need these capabilities must use Project
This donation provides one license and one device client access license (CAL) for Project Server 2013. The device CAL authorizes one computer or other device to access the services of Project Server regardless of the number of users (for example, a shared workstation). See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Use Rights for specific licensing details.
Benefits for Organizations
If you understand project management concepts, you can use Project Standard to schedule tasks, allocate resources, track progress, and share project information. Project can be used for both large and small projects.
- Automatic or manual scheduling: Project's scheduling engine can forecast the date of a task based on various factors, like dependencies, duration, and constraints. If automatic calculations aren't required, the user-controlled scheduling option allows for complete scheduling control in a given project, overriding the scheduling engine as well as allowing fields to be empty for uncertainties in planning.
- SharePoint synchronization: Project schedules can be published to SharePoint Foundation 2013 task lists, allowing team members to independently update task statuses. Updates from team members automatically synchronize with Project schedules.
- Team Planner: The Team Planner allows users to visually drag and drop resources in an interactive resource view to simplify complex resource scenarios. Users can quickly spot unassigned or unscheduled work as well as overload conditions.
- Timeline View: An easy-to-read graphical project timeline can be shared with others through email or in presentations while retaining its formatting.
Important Volume Licensing Information
With Project 2013, organizations can choose between two types of volume license keys for product activation: a Key Management Service (KMS) license key or a Multiple Activation Key (MAK). Organizations will be provided with both types of keys on the Microsoft Volume Licensing website.
For help deciding which type of key to use, Microsoft offers instructions on how to use a MAK or KMS key to activate volume editions of Office 2013 software, which also applies to Project 2013.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires installation media and a license key. The license key allows you to use the installation media to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for.
Expect three emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup Kenya will send a message to your organization email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
- TechSoup Kenya will send an email with information about managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.
+254 728 606 916