Autodesk Donation Program and Technical FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions About the Autodesk Donation Program
Donation Program Questions
Which Autodesk products are available through the donation program?
Check the Autodesk program page for a complete list of available products. Eligible organizations may receive subscriptions to two of each Autodesk products within a fiscal year (July 1 to June 30). Organizations may renew two of each subscriptions each subsequent fiscal year.
The Architecture, Engineering & Construction Collection and the Product Design Collection include AutoCAD, but the Media & Entertainment Collection does not. Techsoup Kenya Kenya also offers Fusion 360 for Windows and Mac and AutoCAD for Mac as separate subscription products.
Can I obtain licenses for Autodesk products not offered through Techsoup Kenya?
All products that Autodesk makes available for nonprofit organizations are listed on the Autodesk Donation Program page.
If you require additional licenses beyond the first two fulfilled through Techsoup Kenya, or if Autodesk does not offer products through Techsoup Kenya that you are interested in, you may request them by emailing email@example.com. Autodesk will review your submission and notify you by email whether they can accommodate your request.
At this time, Autodesk is only providing product subscriptions for donation. Autodesk no longer offers perpetual licenses. For more information on the change from perpetual licenses to subscription licenses, visit the Autodesk Perpetual License Changes FAQ.
Can I get Autodesk products with a perpetual license?
No. Autodesk has transitioned to a cloud business model and has replaced perpetual licenses with license subscriptions. More information on the transition from perpetual licenses to subscriptions is available from Autodesk.
What does the new subscription model mean for existing perpetual license users?
Current users may continue using their perpetual licenses for as long as they would like. Those who wish to upgrade to software versions beyond 2016 may purchase a subscription offering. Subscriptions include ongoing updates to the latest product releases and enhancements, cloud storage space, and advanced product support from Autodesk. Each subscription carries a term of one year. At the end of the subscription term, customers must renew the subscription with Techsoup Kenya Kenya in order to continue using the products. More information on the transition from perpetual licenses to subscriptions is available from Autodesk.
What are the program eligibility requirements?
See the restrictions page.
Can I obtain donated licenses if I purchased an Autodesk product within the past three years?
No. If your organization purchased an Autodesk product from Autodesk within the past three years, you will need to request an exception from Autodesk before you can request one from Techsoup Kenya. Follow the steps below to request an exception.
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the email include
- Your organization name and contact information
- Which Autodesk product or products your organization purchased
- The total approximate cost of the product or products
- The approximate date of purchase
- The channel through which you purchased them (for example, Autodesk.com or a reseller)
- Once you receive an approval email from Autodesk, request the donated product through the Techsoup Kenya website. See the program page for a list of all Autodesk products available through Techsoup Kenya.
Note: Autodesk's approval does not guarantee that your organization is fully eligible for the donation. You must still meet the program's eligibility requirements to qualify for Techsoup Kenya's Autodesk products. See the Autodesk program restrictions for more information.
How do I know if my computer meets the basic hardware specifications?
You can compare your Windows computer's hardware specifications against the system requirements for each product by visiting these pages.
You can find the OS X version and hardware specifications on a Mac by checking About this Mac.
How do I download, install, and activate an Autodesk product?
Below is the process for registering with Techsoup Kenya; requesting a product; registering with Autodesk; and downloading, installing, and activating your product.
Register with Techsoup Kenya
- Register your organization with Techsoup Kenya.org if you haven't already.
- Techsoup Kenya will validate your organization, ensure that it is a legitimate nonprofit organization, and determine if it is eligible for Autodesk products. Eligible organizations must meet certain criteria as outlined in the program restrictions.
Request Your Product
- If your organization is eligible for an Autodesk product, request it from the Autodesk program page.
- After you complete your request, Techsoup Kenya will send you a fulfillment email with a PIN and a link to activate your product.
Register and Download Your Product
The fulfillment email will include instructions on how to use the included PIN and how to register, download, and install your product.
What can I try if I'm having download issues?
Try another download method available on Autodesk Account.
Do I have to create an Autodesk ID to activate the product?
Yes. Your Autodesk ID is your link to your Autodesk product licenses and subscriber benefits. You will need it to register the PIN you received from Techsoup Kenya, to log in to Autodesk Account where you can access downloads and benefits, and to submit support requests. Your software will also prompt you for this ID when you first run the product. If you do not have an Autodesk ID, you will be prompted to create one at each of these steps.
Why does the product ask me for a serial number?
After you register your PIN, you will receive an email from Autodesk. This email confirms that your subscription has started. Autodesk recommends that you begin using your product only after you receive this email. Once you have received it, you will only need your Autodesk ID and password to use the product on any computer. A serial number will not be necessary to use the product.
What should I do if I haven't received a confirmation email from Autodesk?
Check the email account that matches the Autodesk ID you used to register the PIN and that the email wasn't blocked by your spam filter. If you still have not received the email, send an email to email@example.com and include the PIN you tried to register.
Where can I find technical support?
If you have download, installation, or activation issues, visit Autodesk Account.
Autodesk also provides the following resources for users to learn to use their software.
- Autodesk YouTube Channel — demonstration videos
- Autodesk University — on-demand training classes to learn, connect, and explore
- Autodesk Knowledge Network — support, learning, and community
- Autodesk Sustainability Workshop — sustainable engineering and architecture support for educators and students
- Autodesk Design Academy — collection of lessons, projects, and curriculum support materials for educators and students
- Autodesk Virtual Agent — a collection of frequently asked questions and helpful download links
The Autodesk Authorized Training Center (ATC®) provides fee-based support including courses and certification.