If your nonprofit needs an all-in-one solution for an operating system, Office 365, and next-level mobility and security features, you should consider a Microsoft 365 plan through TechSoup Kenya.
Microsoft 365 is a collection of independent products that are also available individually. Here's what you get:
- A single user license to the Windows 10 operating system
- A single user license to the Office 365 plan
- Enterprise Mobility + Security
Eligible nonprofits and charities can receive donated and discounted Microsoft 365 small business and enterprise licensing. And because nonprofits come in different sizes and have diverse technology needs, there are four licensing plans, from which you can "mix and match" according to your specific requirements. We'll go over those plans in a moment, but first, let's take a look at some of the benefits that Microsoft 365 has to offer.
Benefits of Microsoft 365
The first thing you need to know is that Office 365 is included in a Microsoft 365 plan. But with Microsoft 365, you also get an always-up-to-date Windows operating system and a number of other great features. Here's a rundown of just a few things you can do with your Microsoft 365 plan.
- Stay always up-to-date on versions of Windows 10 and Office 365 applications. You'll also receive all the most recent security updates automatically, reducing costs for IT and overhead. For more information about Office 365 Nonprofit, check out our recent article.
- Ensure that all mobile applications installed across all your organization's devices are protected through the GDPR-compliant Enterprise Mobility + Security feature. Manage and delete data stored on personal devices and those provided by your nonprofit.
- Centrally manage all your PCs that run Windows 10 within your network using a powerful admin console.
- Protect sensitive data with Windows Defender Antivirus and BitLocker encryption.
- Benefit from improved collaboration capabilities via cloud computing. Office 365 lets you share, compose, and edit things like documents, PowerPoint presentations, and spreadsheets from anywhere, from any device.
- Protect your company data across devices with always-on security.
- Simplify the setup and management of employee devices and services with a single IT console.
And all of this is scratching the surface in terms of what's possible with Microsoft 365. Now, let's look into which plan is the best fit for your nonprofit.
Choosing the Right Microsoft 365 Plan
TechSoup Kenya offers four different Microsoft 365 plans:
- Microsoft 365 Nonprofit Business: $5.00/user/month
- Microsoft 365 Nonprofit F1: $2.50/user/month
- Microsoft 365 Nonprofit E3: $8.00/user/month
- Microsoft 365 Nonprofit E5: $23.00/user/month
Choosing the right plan depends on the size and type of your organization, the services it needs, your budget, and a number of other factors. However, with a cloud subscription, you can modify your subscription as your needs change. In other words, you can upgrade or downgrade your plan at any time.
Microsoft 365 Nonprofit Business is more suited to small- to mid-sized organizations. It includes the Windows 10 Pro operating system, and there is a 300-license limit. The tools available in this plan are very basic. But the plan does include downloadable desktop versions of Office 365, and devices can be managed from a simple admin console.
Microsoft 365 Nonprofit F1 is targeted toward "firstline" workers. These include employees and volunteers working in the field, staff manning phone lines, and other such individuals who are only in need of extremely basic computing needs. This version is significantly more affordable. It uses the Windows 10 Enterprise operating system but only includes web-based applications of Office 365.
Microsoft 365 enterprise nonprofit plans (E3 and E5) are best for organizations that have more than 300 employees (there's no subscription limit). These plans include the Windows 10 Enterprise operating system and downloadable Office 365 desktop applications.
Getting Started with Microsoft 365
To help your organization get started with Microsoft 365, TechSoup offers setup, migration, and ongoing support for your Microsoft 365 products. Click here to fill out a short form outlining your setup needs. Our cloud experts will be in touch with you shortly to connect you with the right support.
With Microsoft 365, you have the opportunity to manage a significant chunk of your organization's IT needs through a single subscription that can be modified at any time. If this sounds like it could help you, be sure to contact us today!